Sunday, April 28, 2013

Kissed By Fire

Well, that was a powerhouse of an episode. First things first I must comment about the fantastic bits of T & A . A rousing, no pun intended, round of applause to all who bared bum and breast. Now I'm not going to review everything just gonna highlite the two or three scenes that made me geek a little harder than others.
I'm gonna start the same way the episode did, with the Lightning Lord and the Hound. I believe the phrase 'scene awesome' comes to mind . It blew me away. Everything from the fire to the way Beric handled a sword was picture perfect. The unsullied I had with me in the house didn't understand how Beric came back to life but that's what happens when you read as often as Ser Davos.
The next scene that made this episode arguably the best of the season was the bath scene with Jamie and Brienne. I remember reading the book ,and when you slowly discover the truth about Jamie, he begins to become one of your favorite characters. The bath scene in this episode conveyed so much emotion and pain and if you weren't sold on the casting of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau now turn around and leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Dude killed it.
Finally, folks does it get any better than The Blackfish? It was a small scene, insignificant even. But he stole it, he fucking stole it. Both the scene and the episode. The Blackfish, stud.

No comments:

Post a Comment