Saturday, December 28, 2013

Swing And a Miss

On today's podcast, we reviewed several excellent comics by Wayward Raven. The guys over there are incredibly talented and you should definitely check them out at waywardraven.com. 
Anyway, during the show we talked about their web comic Damn Heroes. Judging the comic solely by its name, I imagined some kind of space western. I was wrong...it's so much better than that!
Damn Heroes is the hilariously entertaining tale of an ordinary man who is en route to becoming a super villain. The comic satirizes everything we love about superhero comics: the fact that the hero never dies (especially if he's basically superman), the super villains are inept, and superheroes in general are complete and utter dillholes. I loved it. I binge read the entire thing in about half an hour, and I cannot wait for more. You can check them out at damnheroes.com. They update every Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment