Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Climb

Look I'm not naive enough to think that George RR Martin doesn't give his blessing to changes. And I'm not one of those "must stay exactly true to the book or I will not watch and will complain until I'm blue in the face and die an angry old hoarder with spiders in my hair" fans. HOWEVER, Gendry is not Edric Storm! Never has been . Never will be. How hard could it be just to introduce a new character. I mean seven hells it's not like you haven't done that before. Ok , whew now that I got that off my chest let me give you my skinny on tonight's episode. In a squeak I'd say good not great. Part of it is because it had to follow last weeks episode which was the best episode since last seasons Blackwater, part of it was because it just wasn't that good. It wasnt just the Gendry debacle, the Littlefinger monologue ruined what was left of an otherwise so-so episode. It seemed way too overwrought, too 80's. I don't know, can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was the music or maybe it was the weird over emotional kiss at the end. Hell maybe I'm just being crabby. It Just wasn't good. Don't get me wrong it had its moments. Well actually moment. To see Tyrion and Cersei act even remotely civil was very cool, and the acting was simply superb. The way Cersei perked up at the mention of Jamie, the loathing Tyrion holds for the position his father put Sansa in. It was what the hashtag folks call #sceneawesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment